Saturday, February 19, 2011

(less than sign) ONE WEEK!!

The time has arrived...MY COUNTDOWN!!! Hahaha, it's not time to go just yet... though I am finally home for a few days at one time to finally get packed and ready! I'll be on the plane in FIVE DAYS! I can't believe it's finally here (almost)!!

The last time I wrote, I was waiting to board my plane at Logan. Got home and had to unpack and pack again! Thursday, mom and I headed to Reagan for our flight to Miami and then to Punta Cana. Got to Punta Cana around 10:30 and unfortunately our luggage was lost (the two times I have flown American internationally, they have lost my luggage...hmm...as much crap as I give United, I guess they're not that bad after all!) but THANKFULLY I had packed my swimsuits and some coverups in my carry on. Got to the resort close to midnight, grabbed some burgers and some beer, then headed to our beautiful room on a beautiful WARM night and got some sleep. Next day I headed to the beach for about six hours while mom ran around trying to locate our luggage. Being me and believing myself immune to sunburn (and every summer I learn that I am indeed not immune to sunburn...when will I ever learn?!) I lay on the beach for about SIX HOURS in the Caribbean sun with no sunscreen...needless to say, I am still recovering. It was the absolute worst sunburn of my life, all the way from my forehead to my thighs, but the peeling has finally begun to subside! And after nearly 21 years, I'll start wearing sunscreen before the burn.

Other than the lost luggage (which we got 23 hours after we arrived) and my awful burn, it was a lovely vacation. I didn't turn on my phone or go on a computer for 6+ days and it was wonderful to just be away from contact from anyone I knew and be away from technology. Our normal day routine was wake up, go to beach, eat, lay on beach for a few hours, eat, drink, lay on beach, drink, go to pool, drink, lay at pool, drink, shower, drink, dinner, drink, sleep. Not bad, huh? There were bars IN THE POOLS! And buffets EVERYWHERE. I managed to fit in a few beach runs to offset my caloric intake and came back only one pound heavier, but I would've priced the vacation at probably five pounds hahah

Back home Wednesday night, some errands Thursday (including brand new running shoes!) and headed to Richmond yesterday afternoon to see Darrell and Iva, and Marianne came from JMU as well! Had a nice visit, especially considering it was getting up to 78 DEGREES in FEBRUARY! Headed back home this afternoon, and I've got just a few solid days left to get the things on my mammoth to-do list done, but it's all the more exciting that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment