Wednesday, February 9, 2011

goodbye, Boston!

I am currently at my gate at Logan waiting to go home to DC. I got here super early because Mark accompanied me to the airport, but we had to leave early enough that he'd have time to get back to school for class. I'm glad he came with me, we had a pleasant goodbye. I was at school for a week, and it was a wonderful visit. Despite the mountains of snow, I loved being up there and I somehow tolerate winter more up here than at home. One thing I loved was that the second I stepped foot on campus, I felt right at home and not weird at all which is always the sign that a place is truly your home.

I switched most of my time between 522 and 523, and spent lots of time in the rat and the plex. Got my fix of rat coffee but unfortunately missed out on pistachio muffins :( One thing I am very happy about is that I got the closure I needed for the year so I am now definitely ready to go abroad with regard to leaving BC for the semester. Last December, I wasn't mentally ready to leave BC and all my friends there, but I got to see everyone this week, say my proper goodbyes, and see them all involved in their lives this semester and realize that I am so ready to get started with the incredible semester I have ahead of me!

Quick turn around these two days though, since mom and I are going to Dominican Republic TOMORROW. Cannot wait to bask in the 80 degree sun and hopefully leave for Germany with a nice tan! Got my arrival information and there is another kid on my program on my same flight which is good, so we can figure out Frankfurt airport together. Just gotta figure out how to find him at Dulles haha...

So I leave two weeks from TOMORROW! FINALLY! And when I get back from DR, it'll be one week until I leave! Still so much to do... but now gotta fly home! So, until August...goodbye, Boston!!

No comments:

Post a Comment