Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Less than two months left...

I haven't posted in a couple weeks, but there honestly hasn't been much to write about. I am awaiting my new camera (may my old one RIP) so I don't even have any fun pictures to post. I've been here in Heidelberg the last couple weeks though, just relaxing and enjoying the city and life abroad. The weather here leaves little to complain about and many of my days consist of just relaxing on the Neckar soaking in the sun. Life these last two weeks has just been class and friends pretty much!

Friday night I went to a rave party on a freakin' mountain! Definitely one of the craziest nights of my life-- how many times have you been at a party...on a mountain?! On Saturday, Jennie came and visited! I hadn't seen her since November so it was so nice to see her! We watched the Champs League Final at Marstall and spent the rest of our Saturday night skyping with Mollie, just finalizing YAYA in Europe plans. Sunday consisted of climbing the Heiligenberg and eating at all the best Heidelberg eateries-- Kebabhaus, Back-Factory, Eis, Scheeballs, and just food galore. It was just the most gorgeous day, and Jennie and I just strolled down Hauptstrasse eating our ice cream and just enjoying life. And that's when it hit me: I have less than two months left here! I've loved being here but I've admitted how much I've missed BC and home and such, but it hit me now that I really do love it here! I love all the friends I've made, I love this city, I would even go as far to say that I love the few pounds I've gained from all the chocolate and kebab and beer.

YAYA in Europe has officially begun-- Marianne and Liz are spending a quick night here on their way to Munich, and I'll be with all of them next weekend. Thursday is a holiday and our group here is planning a day trip to Wuerzburg, a city in Bavaria, and we've got an AJY trip to the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) on Saturday. We're all pretty excited about that because all of AJY will be together again! I think everyone's starting to notice the elephant in the room that our time is waning! These last two weeks have gone by so quickly and tomorrow will be June!

I apologize for the extremely mundane post and my inability to express what I'm feeling right now-- I was talking to Mollie and trying to understand how she loves study abroad SO MUCH that she doesn't even want to go home, and she talked about how everyday is something new, and while she misses school sometimes, she knows that it'll be exactly the same when she gets back. And maybe her statements subconsciously hit something within me-- just how right she is. I was looking at the pictures of everyone that just graduated, and I realized that when I get back home and to school, that will be my life. Just living every moment of senior year before it ends. And that kind of scares me a lot and made me realize just the surreality of my life here--the amazing surreality. And now I don't want it to end! I don't understand why these kinds of feelings can't show themselves after one month or even two, but now after over three and I'm freaking out!

Okay okay okay... a little turn from my normal mostly unemotional posting-- but there had been a blog hiatus and I figured I'd just let it be known my current thoughts. As I said, I should get my new camera tomorrow and will finally be able to post some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment