Sunday, May 22, 2011

IT'S FINALLY STRAWBERRY SEASON!!!!

There are few things in the world I love more than some good strawbs. I know I go on and on about my love of chocolate in this blog, but strawbs are back. Yes you can still get them in the winter and early spring months, but they're just not the same. I decided to run a different route today and went the opposite direction than I usually go, because on weekends the Wiese is PACKED, and the regatta was still going on and there was a cross country race today as well. So I ran the other way, through all of Neuenheimer Feld, past the zoo and swimming pool and dorms and came across FARMS! Like legit, acres and acres of farmland, and a whole other town not too far, and just more beautiful mountains. The paths were peaceful and quiet, and it was such a nice change from my Neckar route, which I've been growing tired of. As I was running back I saw a little strawberry stand right outside the zoo--I ran back home, grabbed my purse, hopped on my bike and rushed back to the zoo just to buy the fresh strawbs. They were fresh from one of those farms I had just passed. This was seriously the highlight of my weekend--I jolted back home and just ate probably half the carton because they were so delicious and fresh and sweet and amazing.

Now this is only one instance of strawbs season...but there's more! On Thursday Jinah and I stopped at Rewe to get last minute food items for Katherine's birthday picnic, and I walk in and there are fresh strawbs galore. Like...EVERYWHERE. All sitting in their fresh cartons--not covered which is how you know they're fresh. So of course I couldn't resist buying a carton (even though I had a carton sitting in my fridge at home...) and on our walk to the Neckar, I ate the entire carton. There are absolutely worse things to be binging on which is why this blog post has not one ounce of a complaint in it. I'm just so elated that it's strawbs season and that they're so easy to get, and that all of this means that it's almost summer!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment