Friday, July 1, 2011

The Final Month

Alright, it's July 1st and I've got less than four weeks left in Germany. I'll be home on Wednesday July 27th. WOW.

I also am quite aware that I haven't updated my blog in a month...oops. I had a WONDERFUL trip to Lyon for YAYA in Europe-- stayed five nights in Mollie's apartment with my best friends from home, made lots of new friends, and loved seeing her life in France! We took a wonderful day trip to Annecy and went paddleboating on the lake--it was the most gorgeous day.

I got back to Heidelberg and had less than a week before I left for six nights to Portugal with six other friends in my program. We flew Ryanair--not at all as terrible as I had expected. We got to the beautiful old town of Faro on Tuesday evening, spent Wednesday all day at the beach, took a bus up to Lisbon on Thursday, stayed the night, back down to Faro on Friday, went to a beach on a desert island on Saturday, and spent Sunday at the regular Faro beach, and left early Monday morning to get back to Germany in time for class. It was an absolutely amazing vacation-- I love the beach and the sea and didn't realize how much I missed it until I was there! It truly was a vacation though because we got back and were immediately swamped with work (well, we did have time for a big celebration Monday night for Dan's 21st birthday...) but this next week is hell week for me.

Yes, hell week actually does exist abroad as well. I had a presentation yesterday, I've got a final on Monday, a giant presentation and paper due Wednesday, and then my final paper for my Lit class due Friday...whiiiich I haven't started. One step at a time and fortunately my grades hear don't transfer into my GPA back at BC :D Next Friday though, Becca and I will be spending the weekend in Interlaken, Switzerland doing some high adventure activities-- hopefully some bungee jumping! Tomorrow, Jennie and I are going to the Women's World Cup to see USA take on Colombia.

It's been a fantastic month with two weeks in other countries and just friends and happiness and merriment! With less than four weeks left I really won't be updating this blog too much because it honestly takes a lot of time to detail all of my trips-- but I did just want to write a quick catch-up post! Now back to some work...

No comments:

Post a Comment