Friday, June 18, 2010

sport fail.

So, not a very good last 12 hours for sports I like :( Unfortunately I was stuck in box office from 6-12:15 last night so I didn't get to watch game 7 of the NBA finals.... I could however vaguely see about half the screen at the Friday's next door, and hear the Celtics fans cheer whenever the team scored, and I had people updating me about the score as well. For anyone who didn't care about who won, it was a great series since it came down to the last few seconds of game 7... but stupid Boston UGH!!!

And then I wake up this morning to see a Germany loss in their second game of the World Cup... My bad on not even knowing it was a really early game and sleeping through it... But after their remarkable show against Australia??? Once again...UGHHH. This means they basically have to beat Ghana in the next game to advance to the knockout round. It's been such a weird Cup so far... France has been winless, Spain losing to Switzerland, even the US tieing England. I missed the US game today as well but it is evident by everyone's FB statues that there were some really bad calls resulting in another tie for the US.

Truthfully, I don't even like soccer that much. Spencer was right when he said that it's pretty boring to watch... kind of like hockey. But the World Cup is different because it's just so exciting! Nothing takes the cake to being in Italy when they won in 2006, but it's still exciting to follow all the games. After watching the NBA finals though, I've grown a lot more fond of basketball...except by the time next season comes around, I'll be abroad in Germany and obviously won't be paying attention to basketball.

But, as another sports season comes to a close, it can only mean one thing: FOOTBALL SEASON IS THAT MUCH CLOSER.

No comments:

Post a Comment